Trade records for The Slindon Bakery date back to the mid sixteenth century. Since the 1950’s it and most of the village has belonged to The National Trust. Andrew Turner-Cross re-founded the bakery over twenty-five years ago in the original Slindon village bake house, strictly to traditional baking principles.
The success of the bakery meant that for it to progress, and because of the buildings listed status, production had to move to larger premises.
Slindon Bakery now operates from a large modern location in Aldingbourne, just down the road from Slindon Village.
Despite this however, there has been no compromise to the original artisan principles. Our bread is still made by hand using locally sourced ingredients wherever possible, and carefully chosen for their quality, integrity and dietary benefit.